You’d think that importing the entries to WordPress was enough, but there’s still more to be done:
1. Most of my images that appeared in LJ posts were linked from my Flickr account. But a few weren’t, and were hosted in LJ’s media area. So, I have to move them to WordPress’s media area. I’ve done back to late 2013, so far.
2. YouTube links disappeared from the LJ posts I imported here a couple of years ago. So those have to be relocated — they’re still in the LJ posts, fortunately (except for any that have been deleted from YouTube). 24 April 2017 edit: This has been done back to the beginning of 2013.
For these two points, there’s a limit to how far back I’m willing to go. I mean, who reads old blog posts, especially if they’re largely sort of a diary?
3. I’ve been using my LJ OpenID as a user ID on Dreamwidth, where I have a reading account for a few former LJers who moved there. Apparently OpenID isn’t really a thing for WP, so I need to do something about that — either a new OpenID for DW, or an actual DW account.
4. Likewise, I’ve used my LJ email address on a few other sites. It redirects to my Yahoo address, since LJ doesn’t have real email capability. Need to update that.
5. Oh, crap, I have links lists on LJ in the sidebar. Gotta do something with those.
6. Finally there’s the big sayonara post for LJ. I’m trying to not think about that much at the moment. I read Ursula Vernon’s farewell to LJ; that’s what got me thinking about things, and what got me not wanting to think about things.