In 2017 I resolve to
1. Buy new socks.
2. No, seriously, we buy socks in big packages and then they all wear out at the same time. WTF??? I resolve to find out why.
3. To write an Amish spy thriller.
Hannah Bontrager leaves her daed‘s farm in Lancaster, PA on her rumschpringe and meets Luke Tober, special agent and Englischer (or so he appears), who gets her entangled in a web of intrigue involving a boppli trafficking ring in Bavaria. What will the ordnung say about all this? Will Hannah have to leave her community for good and join the CIA with Luke? And if so, will the CIA let her keep wearing her kapp?
4. To use one of the several small kitchen appliances I’ve received as gifts over the years but which are still in their boxes.
5. To start a business to adapt medical assistive devices for the kinky market, for example, develop a CPAP that uses a gas mask instead of the regular masks.
7. To never speak of past unfulfilled resolutions again. Or these, for that matter.
[originally posted 1 January 2017]