Over the years, I’ve wanted to write fiction in my LJ, but I have only rarely done it. Almost all of the times I did that were in connection to a commemoration of the birthday of Lewis Carroll, the 19th-century author of fantastic and children’s literature. He was born on this date in 1832. The idea of “Rabbit Hole Day on LJ” pretty much started here in 2005, and got a little bit of notoriety. It tried to spread to other social media, but then it kind of dried up.
A few days ago, I told myself to try to come up with an idea for this year. But then I didn’t. All I have is a list of what I did in previous years:
- 2015 (no title): I end up falling down the rabbit hole, finally, just as Alice did.
- 2013: At least I haven’t heard “Please Sir, I want some more” yet: Waking up to a houseful of street urchins.
- 2012 (no title): A popular children’s show gets a new character.
- 2009: A change could do you good, so says the song….: I’m not sure this really fits in with the rabbit-hole theme, but it does mention rabbit holes at the end.
- 2006: One more trip to work: Why drive an internal-combustion-engine vehicle when you can fly a mythical beast?
Every once in a while, I go back and read them for fun. I dunno, it’s one of those things that made LJ special.