1. The weather has been utterly ridiculous. We broke record high temperatures the last two days, and last night broke the record the highest minimum temperature (i.e. the warmest low). It has also been largely cloudy if not foggy, with very little rain. You can see all the moisture coming out of the ground; if things don’t change soon, I fear for agriculture here in 2016. We haven’t seen a low temperature below freezing since December 7th, and a high temperature of 32 or less since last winter! (We’ve gotten highs of 33 twice since Nov. 1.)
2. I’ve done no gift shopping yet. This, I recognize, is very bad. But no one has communicated any gift ideas with me, except Dave and I already HAD ideas for him. It’s for small children that I really need ideas for, or else they’re going to end up with a large orange and a $25 U.S. Savings Bond. (Do they still have those?)
3. Instead of shopping, I’ve been online a lot. I’m slowly making progress in making my Second Life character look the way I want him to. I’m also breaking my SL time up into small bits so I don’t get motion sickness, and I’ve been teleporting more.
4. Oh, I have a show coming up this Friday! With my good friend Mike Dorn, at the Dovetail. (I’ll make a cleaner announcement about this soon.) So to prepare, I went to open mic last Tuesday. I played two of my songs, but for the middle song I made up a medley of two of Mike Dorn’s songs, which actually worked despite never having performed them in public before. (The Ott Lake Rambler used to marvel at that ability when we were in college.)
5. I saw my doctor to get meds renewed and have blood tests. I gained eight pounds since my last visit three months ago. But he didn’t give me a lecture, nor did he put me on the short bus to the fat farm. After the holidays, I will try, I really will (but this is not a resolution, because you know what my resolutions are like).