Somehow it’s an irritable day. I could blame the full moon. But what’s more realistic is blaming the constant pain in my left hip down to my foot, which started the Monday after Christmas and has lasted through a doctor appointment and almost two weeks of meds. Time for another visit to the doctor, I guess.

How could I tell I’m irritable? Maybe it was when I got to work and read exactly one new email, reacting to it in, er, a mildly inappropriate way. (Rehashing old discussions never makes me happy.) Maybe it was how I grimaced over every radio station waxing effusive about the Detroit Auto Show. (Every… single… station… and this is why the next time the auto industry has a downturn, we’ll die, again, because this city won’t frickin’ diversify…bah, don’t even get me started.)

Of course, it could’ve just been hunger. I felt better after a Pop-Tart. I know that’s nothing like a breakfast of champions, but, well, it’s a long story whose telling won’t make me look any more responsible.

Anyway, I will try to not act like an angry beast anymore today. Especially not when I’m on the phone getting a doctor’s appointment.


About songdogmi

I'm a longhaired almost-hippie stuck in the inner suburbs of a major rust-belt metropolis who's thoughtful, creative, and kind of geeky. In exchange for a paycheck I run around in a cubicle maze most days. When I escape, I play music, hang out in coffee houses, dink around on the computer, take naps, and think I should be off in the woods somewhere. Every once in a while I get in my car and drive far, far away, though I've always come back so far.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to

  1. maxauburn says:

    I hope the pain will get better soon.

    I’m feeling “Little bit jumpy” today, too, myself.

    • songdogmi says:

      Thanks. I made the doctor appointment for 9:15 tomorrow. Not my usual doctor, but someone in his practice I’ve seen before. Fingers are crossed.

      Maybe it was just a weird day all around. I got less riled as the day went on, especially once I was home from work. (Funny how that happens….)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s