- Coins, especially pennies, nickels, and dimes, plus Statehood Quarters (of course) and dollar coins both silver and modern. I have some scattered “type” coins (one example of other denominations, like 2-cent piece, 3-cent piece, and old designs of modern denominations).
- Stamps, but I haven’t done anything with my collection in decades.
- CDs and LPs. A few artists I’ve collected large portions of their output include John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot, R.E.M., and jjfmi.
- Books. Most of my library is random, but I have collected works by Jim Harrison, Neil Gaiman, Barbara Kingsolver, and a few others.
- Souvenir pencils from my road trips. How nerdy is THAT?
- I used to have a small collection of tube radios. I only have one left and it may not work, but it wouldn’t need much to make it work, I don’t think.
- I have a comic book collection, but it’s not really much to write home about. The biggest part is from DC’s Vertigo imprint, and then some Furry comics (but not some of the iconic ones; see caveat in previous sentence).
There probably is more, I mean, I have a lot of boxes around here. They must be full of something. I would like to collect gold coins, but I think the gold market price is making that pretty much impossible.