- Dream Cruise
- We were at 13 Mile and Woodward, pretty much ground zero for crowds, for about 2 1/2 hours. Lots to see, although I suspect people were parking their classics in event lots along the way, and not so many of them were actually cruising. There are issues with old cars and hot temperatures, as anyone who drove them back in the day will remember. Our highlight was a 1954 Kaiser Darrin, the first American attempt to rival the sportsters from Britain. It has pocket doors! (I’m so easily impressed).
- I took about sixty car pics. But I got home and realized that I’d left the setting for “film speed” to 400, which rendered all my photos “grainy”. (I put these quotes in because of course it’s a digital camera, so it doesn’t really have a film speed or grain.) This kind of killed my desire to edit the photos for the time being. Not only that, but this affects all my photos from the music festival trip. See, I’m trying to use the manual settings on the camera, but, well, I guess I’m not doing it right. So goes any respect in my photographic skills, I suppose. I’ll try to get some photos together soon. They just won’t be very large, on account of the grain.
- The Ark in Ann Arbor is having an open mic tonight. They don’t usually have open mics in the summer so, in an effort to justify their having one, jjfmi and I are going. I understand that first there will be Mongolian barbeque with his wife. Coolness.
- Last night I made my first trek to Luna Cafe for their open mic. They had a big crowd of young people, most of whom left after their “star” played, but I played earlier so I got the benefit. It was nice, and I was received pretty well. Seemed very very loud, though, partly because the smoke-eater equipment was turned to the “jet-engine” setting. I saw some friends who I hadn’t seen in a couple of months, which was cool.
- Botany, feh
- Most of the rest of my time this week has been taken up with yard work. I’m still questioning the wisdom of owning land, eleven years into my land-owning career. Yes, it’s only 1/3rd of an acre. The problem is, it’s all growing. Gah.
I'm a longhaired almost-hippie stuck in the inner suburbs of a major rust-belt metropolis who's thoughtful, creative, and kind of geeky. In exchange for a paycheck I run around in a cubicle maze most days. When I escape, I play music, hang out in coffee houses, dink around on the computer, take naps, and think I should be off in the woods somewhere. Every once in a while I get in my car and drive far, far away, though I've always come back so far.
Blogs I Follow
- Tales From B.F.E. (or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Guitar)
- Life, And Other Natural Disasters...
- Too old to die young
- I only buy it for the articles.
- Patio Boat
- The Wolf Mama's Kitchen
- mark's journal
- A songdog's new world of random thoughts
- The WordPress.com Blog