I’m taking this as more “favorite” than “finest accomplishment ever,” though I believe there’s high quality in the list too. There’s eleven, because I can’t follow directions.
1. R.E.M., Lifes Rich Pageant
2. Supertramp, Breakfast in America
3. John Denver, Rocky Mountain High
4. Stan Rogers, Home in Halifax
5. Richard Shindell, Vuelta
6. Gordon Lightfoot, Sundown
7. Blue Rodeo, Five Days in July
8. Buckingham Nicks, Buckingham Nicks
9. Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
10. Simon & Garfunkel, Bookends
11. Mike Dorn, Way Gone
Almost made it:
– John Mellencamp, The Lonesome Jubilee
– Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms
– Dar Williams, Lucy Kaplansky, and Richard Shindell, Cry Cry Cry
– Moody Blues, To Our Children’s Children’s Children
– Dan Fogelberg, Souvenirs
1. I could negotiate on a lot of this list, but if you disagree with me about this, you are dead to me. DEAD!
3. Yes, John Denver. Shut up.
8. If this was “Best Albums Ever,” I’d pick Rumours. But I have a lot of history with Buckingham Nicks.
11. No it’s not just a gratuitous local shout-out.