- I started a Pandora.com account and set up one station last night. So now I have another web presence: http://www.pandora.com/users/cmontney. I guess I can share music or stations or something, but I haven’t played with it enough. It’s just fun to listen to so far. The music choices work really well and they’re not facile at all.
- Dave is on his way up here with tickets to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert this weekend. The program is:
- Mozart, Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio
- Beethoven, Violin Concerto
- Schumann, Symphony No. 4
Emmanuelle Boisvert, the DSO’s concertmaster, will be the soloist for the violin concerto. I’m really looking forward to it.
- Suddenly we now have another winter storm watch, and they’re expecting something in the neighborhood of eight more inches of snow by Saturday night. Um, we already got 7–10 inches this week. We don’t need any more! Especially when I have to drive to Orchestra Hall before the storm ends.
- I have four sets of blinds installed so far. I was able to re-use an older set, although the louvers are too short (but they’ll do for now). I just have to figure out what to use in the kitchen windows. Something besides newspaper, that is.
I'm a longhaired almost-hippie stuck in the inner suburbs of a major rust-belt metropolis who's thoughtful, creative, and kind of geeky. In exchange for a paycheck I run around in a cubicle maze most days. When I escape, I play music, hang out in coffee houses, dink around on the computer, take naps, and think I should be off in the woods somewhere. Every once in a while I get in my car and drive far, far away, though I've always come back so far.
Blogs I Follow
- the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley]
- Tales From B.F.E. (or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Guitar)
- Life, And Other Natural Disasters...
- Too old to die young
- I only buy it for the articles.
- Patio Boat
- The Wolf Mama's Kitchen
- mark's journal
- A songdog's new world of random thoughts
- The WordPress.com Blog